Brain: What time is it?
Body: Go to sleep
Brain: Want to know what song keeps running through me?
Brain: That song that FADKOG had on her site the other day. "This bed is on fire
With passion and love."
Body: Shut up. She's lucky she's awesome or I'd make some sort of public remark (say in a blog) about her keeping me up.
Brain: What time is it now?
Body: Both of you be quiet. Eyes, no more answering brain.
Brain: We don't need sleep. We have day long access to the 'sleep substitute'...coffee. "The neighbors complain about the noises above."
Body: GO TO SLEEP. We have all sorts of computery crap to do later on.
Brain: Pfft. I can do that stuff in my sleep.
Body: Which is what you should be doing now.
Chest: What is going on?
Eyes: The cat is perched on you. Um...could somebody move the cat? His nose is like an eighth of an inch from my cornea and it's freakin' me out.
Body: Do NOT touch the cat. Then he'll know we're awake and get all playful and purrity and cute and crap.
Nose: I hate allergy season.
Body: Go to sleep nose.
Nose: I'd love to but...you know...allergies.
Body: I hate involuntary bodily functions.
Heart: Oh really? Do you?
Body: Bite me, you know what I mean.
Mr. Willikers: Heh, he said, "Bite me."
Body: I'm ignoring that.
Eyes: Hey hands, can I get some help up here.
Hands: What's up?
Eyes: Sleepy dust, the usual.
Hands: K, brt
Body: Ahh, the cat knows we're awake you buffoons. That's it. Screw you guys, I'm getting up.
Mr. Willikers: Heh, he said, "Screw."
Hands: Awesome, can we blog now?
There was about another 45 minute's worth, but you get the idea.
The Point at Which an Award is Acknowledged in a Timely Manner:
Carrie over at Confessions who gave my this award which appeals very much to writerly ol' me:
Thank you very much Carrie. She's great and is going to fill out that pirate costume in a pretty inspiring way, I'm sure. Stop over and check her blog. She even left a comment -- in plain sight (that is to say where I could see it...with ease) -- to tell me about it.
The Victims (these are all great blogs that you should be reading if you aren't already. I won't wax prosaic though since these awards things take almost as much time as memes):
- Mrs. D. at A cup of thought, an ounce of sass, & just a dash of crazy
- Loralee at Loralee's Looney Tunes
- Maggie at Okay. Fine. Dammit.
- Mr Lady at Whiskey in my Sippy Cup
- Mike at The Newborn Identity
The rules (I actually followed them for once):
- Name 5 other Super Scribblers.
- If you are named you must link to the author & the name of the blog that gave you the award.
- Then you must display the award and link to This Post, which explains The Award.
- Finally you must visit the aforementioned post and tell your name to Mr. Linky. Then they will have a record of all the people who are Super Scribblers!
- Post the rules on your blog.